Thursday, March 26, 2009

GOD is here

Recently the word 'GOD' crops up many times in my mind and will now play a more significant role in my life. Have I gone more religious??? Maybe about time. Maybe my time to meet the Maker is round the corner.

Anyway, let me first speak about the first GOD. GOD is the acronym for Great Ocean Divers and that is our new website, www.greatoceandivers.com . My good frens, Hadi, Yaohan, Mark and I are setting the website to go into the dive travel business, training and later offering land and sky adventures. We will offer many great benefits for those who want to be GOD's members like discount rates for diving, lessons, points for future free trips etc. We should be launching our website in middle April.

The second GOD is our maker and also known by so many names that I have lost count. No one knows how many GOD is there. Why only one and not two, three or four ? I often believe that the most important rule to follow is the rule to do good for others....do what you want others to do upon you.

One of my young frens, Hazel suggested I come to church with my family who are honestly neither here nor there with regards to religion. I am to be fully blamed for that. As I was not ready to accept GOD and to follow its rules diligently, I shun from meeting GOD. Religion is a very personal thing. Some become religious because of parents, friends whilst some have religion shafted into their throats. In Malaysia, the later is true. Why must all Malays be Muslims? Sensitive topic that can get one in hot soup. Or a cell in Kamunting with cold soup.

I drop the hint to my wife about the activities in the church for the kids this weekend and she says that similar activities are also carried out in temples. Mmmmm. Dilemma.

No comments: