Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My last dive Oct 2008

It is exactly 89 days now since I last dived, give or take another 14 days. As I recalled, my last dive was in Sipadan with some great friends like Hazel , Yao, Mark, Jason and my brother, Peter and not forgetting, my partner and Instructor, Hadi.

Let me tell you about my friends and the diving then.

Hazel is probably the 2nd prettiest unmarried diver that I have dived with ( about 43 others tie for first place ). She is an Institutional shares advisor with CIMB and she has been screaming her heads out "Sell" , "Sell", " Sell"..for the last few months but hardly anyone listens to her. When she dives, sometimes I can hear her screaming in the water....BUT when i asked her, she says she was saying "shell" instead of "sell"....ya right. She wants to buy a dive computer now becos she claims she does not know the depth that she is diving and often scold us for diving too deep. But 50 meters depth is ok.....no??? I told her a depth gauge will also do the trick. Anyone like to sponsor a white mosquitoe for her....not the dengue kind.

Yao is a friend that will often disturb me with fantastic flight offers and we end up booking the whole world and end up burning the tickets because of 'no show'. He is a great businessman and ice cream man and proud owner of NZ ice cream. His name is also unique...Yaohan. His mother gave birth to him whilst shopping in Yaohan supermarket and hence his name.


Mark and Jason are young guns that will attract girls wherever they go. Jason is tall and handsome but already attached to Hazel whilst Mark is very stout and often goes sailing ...and you guys thought I have lots of time.

My younger brother, Peter just returned to diving after some 10 years absence and now truly appreciates diving. When he first dived, all they see are big pelagics and now he knows what is a nudibranch. He earlier thought that there were nudies colonies underwater and hence, he started diving again. Sorry to disappoint u, bra.

Lastly, my true friend, Hadi who has trusted me to run our business. Hadi just loved diving and at the old age of 100, qualified himself as an instructor. Just kidding. He is just as young as me. I wish Hazel would stop calling me "uncle". She use to call me nicer names until she found out my age in my diving liability form that we need to submit everytime we go diving. I keep telling her there is a 20 years differences of my age due to the misprint in my IC .....but she was so heart broken and called me "uncle' since then. Sob sob.

There are many other true friends, all with their unique characters and i will tell u about them in later articles.

About the diving in Sipadan. Next article ok?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

why am i not a young gun?

Anwardi Jamil said...

diving more than golfing nowadays ahhh? by the way, met James Hon and Eugene CHung recently, the want to meet up with old friends. Call me lah. Gong Xi Fa Cai.

anwardi@gmail.com
sayaanakwayang.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

hin daeng...you're not a young gun cos you don't call him "uncle" enough =) hahhahahha