Friday, April 3, 2009

Thin line between Love and Hate 2

An unpleasant incident compelled me to write on this subject again. After a few drinks last night with PJ's group at Armada, I came home to once again find my neighbour ( 2 doors away ) 's car parked in front of my house ( at the other half, not blocking my gate ). This fellow has 4 cars ( wife and 2 kids ) and they parked their car all outside neighbours house and not inside his own house. He has been doing it for a year now since he moved in. As we all leaved in terraced houses, it can be annoying as I will then have to park my car inside the house's compound which is very troublesome for my wife to move in and out with her car. So I got mad and paste a notice "not to park outside my house ' with my phone no and name. Guess what. He called me up at 7am this morning on his way to work and said I should have gone to his house and settle the matter. Firstly, would he had welcomed me middle of the night or I must wait until he gets back at night. We do not know each other and being hot headed, situation may get out of hand. Over the phone, he says he has the right to park anywhere as the land does not belong to me and he is someone that I should be afraid of. After some shouting on the phone, I cut him off and tried to go back to sleep thinking anticipating a problematic day ahead.

However, I thought i better settle this as my wife was really sore with me and had left home for office early. I sms Zainuddin, the neighbour, and said that he caught me in a bad mood this morning from my hangover and that I want to meet him for breakfast as there should not be bad blood between neighbours. To cut a long story short, he promised not to park in front of my house and I told him that I will park on my side of the house and his small car can still park on the other half. Comprehend?? At the end of all this, we agree that society has made us all cold to each other and we now hardly know our neighbours.

Anyway, if i had not made the attempt to defuse the situation, who knows even a bloodbath may ensure. It is indeed a thin line between love and hate. My wife probably hated me like mad for arguing with the neighbour although she often complains that the neighbour parks their car outside our house. There was one time that he left one of his car there for one complete month without moving it.

The incident above is some which we faced in everyday life. Don't you at times wish you drove a 16 wheel truck and ramp thru all those who drives at snail pace on the fast lane and will not barged despite your continuously flashing of the headlights and then honking.

I told my wife we should have a gathering and invite the neighbours to get to know them. I fully blamed UMNO for making us hostile and cold to each other. In fact, I even blame UMNO when my goldfish dies....

No comments: